Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Loving Apartment, Not Falcons Season Ender

We have really been enjoying the redecorated apartment since our party.  It's hard to believe it is the same place I lived in for eight months pre-Kevin.  My work space (see left) is so much more organized and efficient now. 

Sunday we went to Giovanni's show at Stonewall, then went back there later for Invasion@Stonewall with Porsche, who was fabulous.  She talked a lot about Fire Island and we just booked a trip there for early June.  Anyone who sings Tammy Wynette's "Your Good Girl's Gonna Go Bad" has to be cool, right?

Monday night we attended Musical Mondays at Splash and had a blast.  I finally got to meet Chris Green.

On the downside, the Falcons were crushed on Saturday night in an embarrassing home playoff loss.  This is not how I thought the season would end.  It's too bad the team put in such a poor effort.  I didn't stay down for long though going to Rock Band Karaoke at Pieces and seeing Kevin.   Damon joined later and my spirits were lifted by the time we arrived at home.

Keep two of my aunts in your thoughts - Lorene and Maggie - as both are not doing well. 

All in all, I'm just so thankful at how quickly things turned around for me, and for being in such a happy place of late.  I don't see it changing any time soon.

No comments: